Saturday, August 22, 2009

4th of July 2009

Ok, so I am posting this a little late but that is just the way it goes.
This year for the fourth we didn't really have anything in particular planned. We had tossed around ideas all week long but come Saturday we really hadn't made any plans. Early that morning we had to help with our church fourth of July breakfast, but following that we were undecided. It is at these times that I feel a little blue that we are not closer to my family to make plans so I had pretty well decided it was going to be a lame holiday. Sam insisted though that we do something fun. He researched all the fireworks shows in the area and decided that we should head to Half Moon Bay. We had already missed the parade that day but there was to be a fireworks show off the water that night. We did a little shopping, at some italian food, walked along the beach and snacked on some delicious fresh cherries while waiting for the fireworks. I was skeptical, but it turned out to be a great day as a family!


Funky antique store in Half Moon Bay
/>



Fuzzy pic but there was a group of dolphins swimming right off shore.



Me and my little guy on the beach




Sam. What else can I say?



Self taken family photo

Waiting for the fireworks

There they are!















2 comments:

Jessi said...

Love the Fourth of July...it is my top 5 favorite holidays. Sam and Drake look cute in their matching blue hoodies!

redvultr said...

Don't doubt sporadic knee jerks and cherries by the ocean. The combo can't be beat. Unless there is a juggler. That trumps all.