Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why are we always wearing sweatshirts at the Beach?

Not this past weekend but the one previous, I had wanted to stay home and continue our quest to baby proof our home and organize our storage area. BORING. The weather was nice and Sam decided that since we have few nice weekends before fall and winter hit we had better head to the beach for one last summer trip. We checked the weather and decided to head to a beach that we had never been to 1) because it appeared to be warmer and 2) it was closer to our house. We went to San Gregorio beach. Well, it wasn't that great of a beach, there wasn't a cute little town associated with it nor was it in any way warm. But, we had a good time anyway as a fam.
I do need to add a side note. The Bay area is full of beaches and coastline. I keep hoping to head to the beach at some point for the true beach experience and lay out in the warm sun in my bathing suit, get a tan, dip in the ocean, etc. This has yet to happen here. The beach is often times cold, foggy and rainy and the water is freezing! Guess I need to head down south for the "real" beach experience.























2 comments:

Jessi said...

Love these pics! My favorite one is the one in which Drake appears to be standing on his own. Priceless!

Joseph and Katie said...

When we went to Sacramento this summer, our friends took us to Muir Beach. It was beautiful, cold! My kids enjoyed it even if it was freezing. I love the hot sandy beaches where you get burned too. By the way, Drake is such a yummy dude! :)