Friday, July 2, 2010

Trip to UT

Last weekend we went to UT for the first time since Drake was born for the Fowler Family Reunion.
My dad grew up in the small town of Lehi, UT and we went to the Lehi town celebration, The Lehi Round up, Rodeo. Drake loved the Horses, "Nay, nay" he would say, the motorcycle show and especially the snow cone.


Drake and dad, as usual.
Horses and cowboy hats, Yee Haw!




Snow cones!
That night my dad, sister and nephew arrived into town. The next day we went to the park for the Fowler family reunion and enjoyed reunited with family. Drake played in the water, grass, play ground and had a blast. I didn't get any pictures of this but thankfully we had a lot of family who did! That night we went to the Lehi parade. Drake enjoyed the music, candy and again another snow cone. They don't make snow cones anywhere like they do in UT (except maybe in Hawaii).




Dad and Drake watching the parade together.



My sister and nephew, Gideon


My handsome dad


Grampy and Drake eating candy in the street.


Grampy with his grandsons. He is in heaven!
After the parade we went to Cafe Rio (Yum!) and then went swimming at the Lehi city pool. Drake had a good time until Sam took him down the waterslide. I thought it would be a mild waterslide being as we were at a small town pool. Not the case. I went on the slide myself after Sam and Drake went and I cannot believe they let Sam take him on it. It was fast! No wonder the kid was traumatized! Oh well.
The next morning my dad and I ran the Lehi 5K. He did well but I stunk it up as I had a bad cold and my lungs were just burning the whole time. We then went to IHOP where a nice lady made the boys balloon animals. We then went to more Fowler Family Reunion activities at the park. This time it was not just my dad's immediate family it was his extended family. Wow! Quite the crew. That night we had shakes and fries and hung out with my grandma and grandpa and the Chadwick crew. Sam and I were supposed to head up to Salt Lake that night to go see my friends preemie baby but alas I was sick and could not visit :( I am still bummed about this. Hopefully I can make another trip soon to see her.
The next day we went to my cousin's homecoming on the Chadwick side and hung out with that side of the family.
It was a busy weekend full of family time, dry weather and UT heat. It was fun but we were happy to head back home to the moderate climate of the bay area.








3 comments:

Jessi said...

I am so bummed we could not meet up. Boo to that. Quinn missed you guys! And can you believe I have not had a snow cone all summer. Boo to that too!

Joseph and Katie said...

It was so great to see you and see your darling family! YOu are so beautiful Aubrey! Love to you and again, so grateful to see you. Take care.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Drake is so big!!! We thought about you guys when we went to Slows BBQ because I remember you telling me all about it. Thanks for the tip. Love keeping up to date with you guys, keep posting!