Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Babymoon











My husband and I have been married now for almost eight years. We have moved three times to different places in the country where we have known no one or relatively few people. We have had a lot of time to spend together just the two of us and rely solely on one another.
We are very excited to now have a child on the way but we realize that those days spent just the two of us are numbered. As such, we decided as a Christmas gift to each other we would go on a little "babymoon". I was too far along to travel far nor did we have the money for an elaborate vacation so we opted to take a small road trip to Monterey, CA and spend one night there.

We headed to Monterey and it took us about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there. Sam let me play all my favorite songs from my MP3 player all the way down there. It was very nice of him as he doesn't always enjoy all of my cheesy tunes.

We arrived at our hotel and checked in. It was called the Spindrift Inn and was absolutely adorable! We had a huge king size bed with a huge down comforter, pillow top and several pillows. It had a sauna in the bathroom (of which I could not use but cool none the less), a huge armoire, a balcony and best of all a cozy fireplace!

We decided to wander around Monterey's Cannery Row and check out all the shops. We then had dinner at a great seafood restaurant and ate like a king and queen. We got hot cocoa at Ghiradelli's and retired to our room to enjoy the fireplace. They came by to turn down the bed and give us a chocolate as well.
The next morning the hotel brought us breakfast to our room. It was so fun to sit on the balcony and eat it. Sam started the fire again and closed the damper therefore setting off the smoke detector.

We then went to the Monterey Bay aquarium. It was great! We saw octupus, penguins, sharks, sea otters and more. It was quite crowded but so much fun!

We ate lunch and did a little more shopping around the city. We made our last stop at the Antique mall with a few fun finds for our home. Too bad we got a parking ticket while we were in the mall.

We stopped at fishermans wharf on the way home and headed back to Mountain View to prepare for our new lives as parents. For anyone that is pregnant with their first child I highly recommend a babymoon in whatever form it may take. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jessi said...

That sounds so romantic and so much fun...I am excited that you are blogging. I miss you!

Kristen said...

I'm so jealous of your fun trip! Matt and I just love Monterey. We went their for our honeymoon and ate a lot at the El Torito... in fact I think we went there three times in about two days. Oh how I miss real Mexican food. We miss you guys! Good luck laboring :)

Lisa said...

Hey, so glad you started blogging. What a fun trip you took, and, I'm sure you get this all the time but you really do look great!

Can't wait to see baby Barrett!

kesli said...

What a wonderful place to "babymoon." Ryan and I lived in Monterey for two years and LOVED it. I hope you can get back often. Good luck with the arrival of your new little one. We can't wait to hear and see pictures.

Bailey Bunch said...

I am glad you and Sam got to get away together before the baby. You are going to love being a Mama!:) Miss yoU!