Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait

Three weeks ago the Doctor checked me and was surprised that I was already dilated and my cervix was "ripening" (Hope that isn't too graphic for anyone-you get so used to all this body talk when you are pregnant you sort of become immune). He said he didn't think I would make it to my due date. I was then in a panic. I was supposed to work for two more weeks (all those patients to reschedule and money I wouldn't make if he came early!), the nursery wasn't ready and my bags for the hospital weren't packed. Not to mention all the little things yet to be done like having the car seat checked or the breast pump ordered. Well, I ran around in a tizzy to get everything all ready, driving my husband crazy in the mean time with all the projects to wrap up. By the way, he refinished the dresser and the rocking chair. I recovered the rocking chair and painted the bookshelves. Sam's dad made (from scratch) the beautiful cradle. But alas, today is my due date and I am still pregnant.

My bags are all packed...
(With more stuff than I probably need)














The nursery is all ready...









And here I get to sit and wait for his arrival. It's enough to make a girl go insane!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Your nursery is adorable! I cannot believe Sam's dad made the cradle. It is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the Rice.

Anonymous said...

Nice nursery. That dresser looks like the mother of all beasts to tackle. Your man must have arms as strong as vines. The cradle is nice too.

Dr. aafb said...

Jessi: The rice can't wait to see you!
Redvultr: My man does have strong arms and a lot of patience. If you couldn't guess I married him for his body.